Capital Impact Partners is excited to announce that the application is now open for the Dallas Equitable Development Initiative (EDI) Learning Series through Friday, October 6, 2023. We plan to accept up to 15 participants. EDI is structured as a platform to train, and boost capacity and the confidence of emerging developers of color to deliver real estate development projects in their own communities. The program focuses on the current real estate development environment in the City of Dallas and provides opportunities to developers through a ten-month learning series.
- Application is open August 28, 2023, through Friday, October 6, 2023, at 5:00 pm CST. No late applications will be accepted.
- Interviews for semi-finalists will be held in late October to early November.
- Notification of acceptance will be expected in mid-November.
- The tentative training schedule will be onboarding in late November 2023 and early December 2023 with learning sessions held on Thursday afternoons between 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. CST beginning January 2024 through the end of October 2024. Training dates are subject to change.
- Training is planned to be in-person for a majority of the learning series, incorporating up to three (3) events/network-building opportunities.
Eligibility Successful candidates for the program will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or Person of Color (BIPOC) and/or a racial or ethnic minority.
- Demonstrate experience as a small-scale developer (either for-profit or nonprofit organizations) who is seeking to further their experience developing affordable housing and/or growing their portfolio. As this is not an introductory program, candidates are expected to have some direct real estate development experience.
- Live in the City of Dallas or the counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Kaufman, Rockwall, and Tarrant AND have a strong connection to the City of Dallas.
- Demonstrate a commitment to community development and neighborhood reinvestment in the City of Dallas through work on tangible real estate development project(s).
- Commit to attend mostly in-person training on Thursday afternoons (between 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. CST) during the months of January 2024 through October 2024 for up to five hours per week.
- Commit to additional hours (2-4) weekly for assignments, advisor meetings, etc.
- Demonstrate interest in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for real estate development opportunities, with or without a development partner, within four to six months of completion of the program.
The program aims to focus on housing / commercial development firms that are owned by women, people of color, and/or communities who have been historically excluded or overlooked in Dallas.
Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. metro area, Capital Impact Partners has been supporting communities for over 40 years through capital investments, programs, policy work, and partnerships. As a community development financial institution that invests in community, multifamily, and mixed-use development nationally, we are seeking to connect our goals of neighborhood revitalization and community wealth-building; this program is one way of making that connection. To learn more about Capital Impact Partners and our programs visit https://www.capitalimpact.org/programs/.
Contact Information Please reach out to Aaron Gougis (email@example.com), Dallas Initiatives Manager, with questions about the program and application process. Support@submittable.com can help with application software issues.
Please reference Exhibit C in your grant agreement for attachments required to supplement your narrative responses. If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Matthews firstname.lastname@example.org